• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a CHETT 10 ton truck?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not heard of a C-HETT, but there is a C-HET. Usually it refers to the M911 tank transporter or the M1070 tank transporter.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It's a transmission listing at Redfield Al. site.
I think you mean Redstone, AL.

I think it is a HEMMT transmission...I saw a bunch of them yesterday when I was up there.

The HEMMT and the M911 both have the V-8 Detriot in them so they may be the same anyway.

Sometimes the descriptions are written by people who have no clue what they are writing about.

NEIOWA

I think the M911 (8x6) was only unit refered to as a C-HET (an alternative to the M746 8x8 HET and replacing the M123). Transmission for the M911 is the Allison CLBT-750. I'm pretty sure this trans was not used in the HEMTT which was a generation newer than the M911.

paradeduty

Hey guys - Yup, I looked at that trans (internet look) and I think the pto access plate is in a different location than that on my M985 which is at about 10:00 from the rear (driver's upper quadrant). Probably right about it for a 911.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
From the discription:

[SIZE=-1]End Item Code:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]End Item Text:[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]N/A[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]TRUCK PCCN CHEMTT 10 TON[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]ANR[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]HEAVY EXPANDED MOBILITY TACTICAL TRUCKS (HEMTT), ABT, M977, M978, M983, M984 AND M985 (TACTICAL VEH[/SIZE]

If you go to the "Manifest" section and click on the blue button that says "More Info" you can usually find the end item that a part goes on.

Last edited: