• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a fair price

Mack 121472

HI i had my m920 from barstow to Alamogordo N.M. 850 miles an i payed 2100 us bucks an i priced it all over try J H ROSE in Abq. New Mexico they are great to work with this was just 60 days back .dont for get you can only load certain days.thats somethink they nead to know.:driver:

cxcman

Well I'm take some advice and try to buy a truck in my home state and hopefully that will help keep the cost low theres a few coming up at the end of the month and I might just get lucky at the auction

paulfarber

I have to pass up a ton of parts trucks for my CCKW because while the truck is a good deal, I figure $3 a mile for shipping (low boy and winch, non-working truck) and lose lots of otherwise good deals.

Call 3-5 brokers. U-ship is nice, but does't plug into the National Freight Co's routes and they have TONS of dead head trucks that they will sell for little more than the cost of fuel. Brokers generally get a flat rate %, and you get a good deal. Plus a broker wants to be paid so if the primary falls through, they can quickly get a secondary... they lose money if you don't ship.

Nothing motivates like cash.

My CCKW came from WA state, right outside of Seattle. A nat'l co had weekly lowboy runs that went out west loaded and came east empty/looking for a load. Got it sent right to my front door for like $1500. This was 5-6 years ago.

Another CCKW came from FL on a rollback. Local towing co had a new truck coming up empty and wanted a load. IIRC it was $900 FL to PA, Non-running CCKW dropped in my back yard.

Both were from brokers.

Last edited:

JeepMan

boy your sure right about that wreckerman , Im in the same boat my new job might require me to move from la to north dakota , so it looks like i might be selling my deuce , it would cost me way to much to move it up there and i for sure aint driving it that far.
Why not?? Use it to move your household stuff. Save the $$ a moving company would charge and you get to keep/enjoy your truck!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks