• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a hmmwv body worth?

Ryanhooker

A guy on ebay was able to get a few. I am looking at my old ebay stuff to see if i can find his name. But he wanted 10k for striped chassis. meaning body, hood, windsheild frame, frame, hubs and wheels. Most had a blown motot in them.

jwaller

A guy on ebay was able to get a few. I am looking at my old ebay stuff to see if i can find his name. But he wanted 10k for striped chassis. meaning body, hood, windsheild frame, frame, hubs and wheels. Most had a blown motot in them.
kascar is selling them on ebay

Ryanhooker

Kascar is high as heck!!!!!!!!!! For that price id buy from the other guy. Kascar wants 13k for the new body with nothing on it. 9k for a used body that is stripped bare. I would go to AmericanHumvee befor kascar.They have a used chassis no motor or drive tran. But it has the suspin and top doors and windsheild. I have my eye on one of the bodys. I have to wait till i get a lil saved in bank. I am thinking of getting usedh1.com to order me a body next time he does another order. that would be less then 10k ew from factory.

jwaller

yup, I know they are high but you asked where not how much. On more than one occasion I have found them to be the only source for parts.

HMMWV13

HMMWV Body

I wouldn't rush to buy junk just to have something. The HMMWV bodies that Austin was selling really looked like he should have paid you to take them. You can buy parts very cheap these days especially the drive train parts. To build an A2 with all new drive train (like the A2 on this list) would run you less than 40k. So if you are buying a project, unless you are restoring it to its original form, the 6.2l motor, 400 turbo tranny, 218 t-case and other drive train parts are virtually worthless. Find one with a great body and frame with most of the suspension parts and you will be way ahead. Even the frame isn't as critical as it use to be, you can buy NOS 12.1k frame rails for less than 1k.

aximony

To build an A2 with all new drive train (like the A2 on this list) would run you less than 40k.

I was entertaining building an HMMWV, so I'm curious, are you saying that parts alone would cost 40K if one buys them new separately? Or is labor figured into that number?

HMMWV13

If you want to build an A2 like the one profiled on this website then you would be looking at that in parts, maybe less. You could build one for a lot less if you find a project that has the nickel and dime parts on it and then put a new drive train in it or at least a freshly rebuilt one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks