• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a starter motor?

commandojd

I am pretty new with these m35a2 trucks, and I am currently in the process of restoring my truck back to perfect working order. I guess my question is, what is a starter motor??? All I know is the foot botton on the floor of the cab is what I think turns it on??

wikallen

Wow, are you sure you want to take on restoring a big truck?

The button on the floor is for switching from brights or dims on the headlights.

Starter motor, ahhh, turns the engine over to "start" it. The red button on the dash "turns it on", after you switch the main power on and push in the engine cut off lever.

Do you have a manual for the vehicle, or someone around that can instruct you on how to operate your truck?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow, are you sure you want to take on restoring a big truck?

The button on the floor is for switching from brights or dims on the headlights.

Starter motor, ahhh, turns the engine over to "start" it. The red button on the dash "turns it on", after you switch the main power on and push in the engine cut off lever.

Do you have a manual for the vehicle, or someone around that can instruct you on how to operate your truck?

Your thinking too narrow, it could be a gasser truck. Is the button near the gas peddle? If so, its start button. The starter in most vehicles is electric, so your starter is a "starter motor".

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This CAN NOT be for REAL, but if by chance it is, then I really, really think you need to read the TMs, starting with the -10

You can find the TMs here
UPDATED LIST
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
MilitaryTrucks.ca Website - M135 --Canadian trucks
OR
america1 --------------------------------Military Radios
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

wikallen

Your thinking too narrow, it could be a gasser truck. Is the button near the gas peddle? If so, its start button. The starter in most vehicles is electric, so your starter is a "starter motor".
yup, forgot about the gassers.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO NO NO! The starter motor is for when you run out of fuel and you need to make it to your destination in a jam. You put the truck in gear and push the button for starter to get you there. You should be good for at least 10 miles or till the battery runs out. Pay no attention to the smoke coming from wires or the starter.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Some gassers had multis put in and the original starter button stayed. Also, some newer members don't know what a1, a2, a3 means, so I try to interpret.