• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it? And what is a fair offer

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a military jeep novice, I had a 84 CJ-7.

They say it is a 1948 Willy's Jeep with blown head gasket, doesn't run at this time. I am getting pix of the Data plate and the engine.

Peanut Gallery?
Any idea on what it is worth offering?

Thanx.

Attachments

BillF

I would say it is a cj3a. The Frame makes it a 3a, the horns are different than 2a, also no pockets on the side for top bows like the 2a had.

Barrman

Front running lights with no provision for b/o markers make it a CJ front end. Along with the other items pointed out already.

1 piece windshield make it a 3A. Does the middle panel under the glass fold out for a vent? That is another 3A item when combined with the short hood. A tailgate really makes it a 3A tub.

I paid $600 for one that ran but needs brake work and rust repair a few months ago if you are looking for a price range.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanx for the replies guys.

It is a friends rig that was bought a few years a go as a never started project.
I thought it would look nice dressed up -ala MV- and used to lead my trucks when they are in parades and convoys.

I have only seen it when picking up or dropping someone off at their place.
So I will have to give it a more thorough look now that I have been armed with a measure of cj3a expertise.

Thanx again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks