• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it and why did it smoke.

cucvrus

Not everyone has good reading comprehension and can retain information as well as others. I am not in the OP's situation and do not need to know his situation. I just answer the question as it is presented. I work on an assembly line and everyday the same issues occur at some point in time. Whether it be a torque sequence or torque spec. I could call back and say read the prints. Some people do that. I don't. I give the correct answer or check and get back to the person asking. Sometimes I get 3 people calling me at the same time about a torque or a confusion over Metric and standard fasteners. We build a lot of truck body's and we are still using all standard fasteners to build the bodies and the chassis we build on are all metric. When a bolt on the chassis is misplaced or lost it becomes an issue with a production worker and I get called to resolve the shortage. Every part I order for a truck chassis must be ordered from a dealer using the VIN. I have never been told to read the prints and never tell anyone else to read the prints for simple questions. We all follow the prints but not everyone can retain that information from the paper / drawing board to the finished product. I was always told there are no dumb questions. Only the ones that are not ask and end in failure are the dumb ones. So peace man. I am not belittling you. I think we all share an interest in the same thing and we are on this forum to help each other out. I don't expect to do an hours research when I can pick up the phone/computer and make a call to someone that knows the correct answer. Someone I can trust. I do NOT claim to know everything about CUCV's but I have a fair share of knowledge that I could never have learned from books alone. I like the knowledge that I have and I also like to share that knowledge. And when ask I will give as accurate as an answer that I can. And that pigtail meant nothing to me and I was happy to help you out. Me I would have used 2 female spades and called it a day. I don't see any shows coming up for my trucks. I do NOT like hanging out and showing off my trucks. If I drive onto a lot and guys want to look at it Fine. It happens every day with everything I am driving. Even my new truck is different because it is as plain a 4 X 4 Chevy as most people have ever seen. And I like it that way. All stock and ready to go. So be cool and enjoy life.

Last edited:

Sapper55

Cucvrus,
Thanks for the reply. I am new to the CUCV world. That was the exact answer I needed. I found the board container you led me to. I appreciate you taking the time to help. I'll remember when I may need to open and extract the board while troubleshooting timer problems. Again thanks for the assistance.
Sapper

Essayons

Sapper55

Hello, Tinstar,
I usually look for an item or answer on my own. The question I was asking was a spur -of -the-moment event and I felt I needed to ask someone with knowledge about the particular subject. I am new to CUCVs other than what my unit utilized in the Army. I have done 99% of the work on my 1009 and am not familiar with the glowplug circuit timer. Thanks to CUCVRUS's reply I now know exactly where to look. I appreciate your reply also suggesting I utilize the library supplied by this fantastic forum. I value your input and will take your advice next time. Thank you,
Sapper

Essayons

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks