• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it, very strange 151 ?

Small Prepper

Morning All

I know nothing about MUTTS. Did say I know nothing about MUTTS

A buddy of mine pick up this in eastern shore Maryland, a chicken barn. I know nothing about it. I asked for the plate and identification numbers (waiting for information)

Something looks different in the back of the jeep any ideas?
did someone put the back?
I don't know

He is making sure everything works. (good mechanic)

Thank, S.P.

IMG_2940.jpgIMG_2939.jpgIMG_2937.jpgIMG_2938.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nope not a 718, the added 18" on a 718 is bolted on to a normal 151 and whatever you got is way different. m718-medina-oh4.jpg Whoever modified this early model body was a master metal worker as it looks factory and may be some prototype. If it is you would have a very rare Jeep, can't wait to see what the data plate says.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Nope not a 718, the added 18" on a 718 is bolted on to a normal 151 and whatever you got is way different. View attachment 610215 Whoever modified the body was a master metal worker as it looks factory and may be some prototype. If it is you would have a very rare Jeep, can't wait to see what the data plate says.
I agree. DOC has an M718 Ambulance here and it is like the one in your pic...NOTHING like the OP's pic.

The OP's jeep is intriguing though! I've never seen anything like it but I really do like it. As you said..it looks like it was factory made...not "bubbafied".

I would like to have it!:D

armytruck63

It looks like someone made a 1/2 cab pickup like a Jeep Scrambler. Whoever did the work did a professional looking job.

This thing would have to be light duty, or the M151's rear suspension would bottom out.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The Fed stock # you posted is for a standard M151 MV, there should be a data plate to the left of the steering column. If it is there it would also let you know who built this one. Yes, everything from behind the seats, body wise is custom.

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a theory, the jeep was probably a cut and reweld but instead of rewelding it back into a jeep, he chose to make it a (pickup?) The guy probably kept the suspension and had a shop create a new back. Either way it will stand out at MV rallys.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Evening all

should I get some more detailed pictures of the back half?? Or somewhere else on the jeep?

S.P.
A couple of side shots that show the whole jeep from front to back, data plates if there are any, they would be on drivers side. Maybe some uncluttered views of the divider wall behind the front seats and a full rear shot. Plus a under the hood shot, saw a ford prototype once that looked normal till you opened the hood it had a Perkins diesel.

nattieleather

Just my theory here, but I would say that it was a standard M151A1 that was demilled by cutting it in half and then when they went to put it back together they lengthened it and built the upper body on the rear to make a "pick up" jeep. That's my thought on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks