• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it, very strange 151 ?

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just my theory here, but I would say that it was a standard M151A1 that was demilled by cutting it in half and then when they went to put it back together they lengthened it and built the upper body on the rear to make a "pick up" jeep. That's my thought on it.
I got a theory, the jeep was probably a cut and reweld but instead of rewelding it back into a jeep, he chose to make it a (pickup?) The guy probably kept the suspension and had a shop create a new back. Either way it will stand out at MV rallys.
Exactly what I said.

Small Prepper

Afternoon All

I am leaning that way also. Still waiting for data plate picture. I think the washers give it away. (Did not see them) I don't know if I can ask this, but here it goes.

I know what my buddy paid for it, But what is it worth on the market or somebody would pay for it???

Thanks again for ALL of your help on this crazy M151

S.P.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Since it appears to be a Bubbafied re-wield I would go between 1500 and 2K if it looked good in person, if it was a straight re-wield another 1,000 or so, if it had been a no wield/ no Bubba stock in the condition it appears to be in up to 5K maybe. 2cents

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Evening all

should I get some more detailed pictures of the back half?? Or somewhere else on the jeep? S.P.
I would love to see some side-shots of both sides and the rear. I still think it's pretty darn neat!! If I had a jeep that had already been cut/butchered/bubbified I would love to do something like that.:beer:

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeep salad as they say. Kinda cool, built back when half cut jeeps where everywhere I am sure. Imagination was strong when it came to these 1/2 cut once running vehicles.

saddamsnightmare

July 24th, 2016:-D

Another Ahab:

That started life as an M151, but has been reincarnated as a "MUTT" in every sense of the word. You have to admit, the stack of washers tells me that the man did not have access to an engine lathe to make a proper set of spacer posts.......:whistle:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks