• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it worth?

sebaeb

Hi all...i have a question ....looking at a 1985 GMC 1 ton SRW ...california rust free truck...lived its life on a farm, so it has dents and dings....missing tailgate...has dana 60 front, 14 bolt 10.5 rear...454. th400 with 205 transfercase...solid truck ...good tread on the tires, just needs the kingpins replaced...now for the big ?....whats it worth?...

thanks in advance
steve

richingalveston

$ amount big question without good pics.

assume the title is fine, and it runs and drives I would say it is worth somewhere between $4,000 to $'how bad you want it'

matching axles in perfect shape alone are $1200 to $2000 grand depending on your local market.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That might be a wee bit higher than the current market. Only problem with the market is there is not enough of them for sale to compare to. The only year worse on gas than 85 was 86. Use the fuel cost to barter if you can. I remember buying an 85 out of AZ many years back for $2500 and spent $750 shipping it.

sebaeb

Thanks Recovry4x4, and the other guys who chimed in...if i bought it , it would'nt be a daily driver...use it around my mini farm to haul stuff and tow my pulling truck around on a car trailer....the seller thinks its hot stuff cause its rust free and not many of them around our area (ohio) for sale....if the body was in better condition i know i would'nt have second thoughts...

thanks steve

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe an M1008 would suffice for farm duties. Despite the fact that 85 wasn't a good year for HP ratings, the 454 will move your pulling truck around. I bought a 86 K-30 dually new in 86 when I lived in Dayton Oh. I pulled my 5th wheel travel trailer and a 28' enclosed car trailer with an award winning LUV truck. Never failed to get the job done. I think we got some stock options from big oil the year we toted it to FL and back.