• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is little canister under dash?

realm

Can someone tell me what the little 2" long by about 1" wide cylinder mounted under dash beneath steering wheel is for? It has a couple wires going to it.

Thank you.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like the air cleaner indicator. If it shows yellow or red, the air flow is restricted by a dirty air cleaner element. Time to change the air filter!

ida34

Cucv Forum guys. I have never seen a restriction gauge on a cucv. Post a pic and you would have an answer.

kentuckycucv

If its "Y"shaped you might have one of the special equipped flux capacitors that allows the cucv to time travel back to the 1980s when your truck was new...Mine is disconnected.... Ok just kidding.

My guess is that he might be talking about the starter relay but that has 4 wires and one is purple.

Last edited:

Armada

Are you talking about the big round plug under the dash for the engine analyzer? If so, then that is the plug for the engine analyzer. :rolleyes: