• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is my 1985 m1028 worth .

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I disagree.

It's worth MAYBE $3k. TOPS

I know loads of folks here would love to see you SELL IT FOR $5k. But if could get that, you would NOT be here asking how much is it worth.

Honestly, it's a nice truck.

But $5k?

Here's what $5500 got me from Gov Liq one year ago. 14k miles with one small rust spot that will be fixed this winter. And I wouldn't let go of it for less than $15k and even then you would have to be REALLY NICE for me to even consider that kind of money. It currently has 18k miles on it and goes really well with my M1009 with 15k miles on it. NOW, ten or fifteen years from now when they STILL HAVE less than 20k miles on them, they might be worth two to three times.

View attachment 213288

These trucks are STILL out there. You just have to be patient and have the money set aside. Then find what you want, and buy it.

Like I said, nice truck. Worth $5k? FIVE OR TEN YEARS FROM NOW? Maybe... But right now, it's worth $3k - tops... Sorry, but that's A REALISTIC value.

And yeah, I can list SEVERAL folks who have these for sale for $5k. The point is THEY ARE STILL FOR SALE FOR $5k.

Some one post a dozen or so listings of this vehicle SELLING FOR $5k. I know one seller lists his for $6k - 8k but he NEVER gets that. More like $3k - $5k.... And that's for a REALLY PRISTINE example he MIGHT get $5k.

Here is a pristine one that WAS STORED for 20" years in Norway. Guy paid $2500 from the guy who bought it at auction.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/59498-nos-usmc-m1028-norway-storage.html

Now, please understand WHY your truck is NOT WORTH $5k.

Last edited:

edgebar

it does look vry nice.
i've been following ebay for these for a while now, it is suprising how much $ they can bring.
usually the "ad" make a huge difference, nice looking "ad" and a nice rig should bring good cash.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto Midnight Rider yes these trucks are out there but what Market $$$$$$$
You will pay to Market billy bob down the street bought an k20 chevy with 305 and 35in tires with mop & glow paint job $7,000.00 or more there a lot of them but Military CUCV
M1009 / M1008 / M1010 / M1028 a1 a2 a3 / M1031 a1 a2 ECT only 70,000 total built and how many been DX For scrap and used for ART Range for training events ECT.

This is not a debate or other intended Your M1028 is looking good the color black in the seat dash & door trim pads is not so good my self I would have Cordova Brown it is close to orgnal eq / OEM was Dark Bronze in side.

Just sell it on Ebay Motors put on 10 days and see what will happen its is your truck.
Not any body else truck in less they pay you cash and have Title in hand.
I sold one for alot more than 5gs last month.

2deuce

That truck would be snapped up out here for 3k if it runs half as good as it looks. 3K is low in my opinion but location is big. I would personally stay away from one that has been "restored" if I couldn't see it and go over it in person. Too much can be hidden with paint and bondo in pictures. Selling on ebay is the way to go, buying on ebay is for someone who likes to roll the dice. I have a real nice M1028, no dents, no rust, never had any of either and runs great that I may sell next year that I will try out on ebay. If you use CL you don't get the exposure and you get people making offers, undercutting your price instead of the overbidding from 2 guys that got to have it on ebay. Good luck in your sale.

rnd-motorsports

whats been said and the economy has alot to do with what you will get there is alot of them out there just have to look . Its a sharp truck and should bring 5g I would think. Mine I would not sell for that try to find a truck in this shape that runs this good and gets close to 18 miles per gallon with 4:56 gears my 2500hd only gets 14 if I drive it nice with 4:10s and is not built like the 1028 nice truck but I don't think it will be around as long as the 1028. there are peaple that will pay for it just to get the real truck. 2cents

AJMBLAZER

Personal opinion...low miles and you are in the rust belt...ask for $5500 and hope for $5000. I sold Big Ugly (my 55k 1008 on 38" Michelins) for $4750 in August. I was told by people who meant what they said that I'd be lucky to part it out and make $2k. Others thought $8000.

The market has changed on these vehicles over the last several years. 4 years ago I got RAPED by Alfa Heaven for Big Ugly but it was my fault for not doing due diligence on both the truck and those shysters. I could have gotten a better deal. The market was high, it looked great and smelled like a nice old Chevy truck. It was a 1 ton! Could have made my money back on the spot even but it was a decent enough truck, even if I overpaid for it. Within two years the gas prices shot up and the economy tanked so the value of rust free older trucks went down. I bought my rust free, great shape, well optioned '89 K5 last year in Seattle, WA for $1800. A few years before I'd have been lucky to get it for $5k.
Remember while rust free trucks are rare in the rust belt the economy sucks. Hard to find a guy willing to pay $7-8 for a 20+ year old truck anymore.

I put mine on Craigslists ALL OVER the state of Michigan (truck was still up there with a buddy after I moved south last year). Within 3 days a collector called and wanted to come see it. He liked it, waved cash in my buddy's face and we agreed on a price and it was gone. Done and over. I don't regret it. Sitting on it to get more for it would have just meant my buddy had to baby sit it and I had to keep paying insurance on it.

Also, when you advertise it, bring every aspect of what it is into the ad. CUCV, Chevy K30, M1028, low mileage, offroad machine, great building platform, mud bogger, rock crawler, rust free, whatever. That way Bubba who knows nothing about military trucks will see the ad and go "holy sheeee-it, a 1 TUN!" and Bob the collector will go, "wow, a low mileage M1028!" Maybe they'll even bid against each other.

Good luck.

rnd-motorsports

Its simple if you put it on ebay put starting price as the lowest you will sell it for and buy it now as what you want and set back. the starting price you may get then some and who knows how many will bid just remember ebays list fees and selling fees are up there! with cars and trucks anyways. GOOD LUCK! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks