• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is my M1008 Worth?

lincolntwilliams

IMG_2582.jpg
Subject says it all. 1986 M1008, added electric fuel pump, spin on filter, doghead mod, added 2" receiver, lifted 5" using ORD shackle flip and tuff country ez ride springs, obviously H1's with 37" GY's…. has a new th400 in it. 52k Miles. Interior is decent, the seat has been recovered, the dash is cracked, and the door panels are faded.

I DO NOT want to sell. I'm in the military and am moving from Washington to Florida, we will be living on base there and will not have anywhere to store it… so my hand is kind of being forced.

Let me know what you think. I'm not interested in selling on here, just looking to see what the experts think. I'm in Western Washington if that narrows down the market for ya.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No brush guard or shackles.
Big lift and cracked dash.
Tons of other things that will affect value.

The lift and tires are going to narrow any buyers.
Good looking truck, but totally not my style. I like them all original and will/have pay good money for them that way.
Your truck I wouldn't look twice at to buy. No offense.

Fleabay will give you an idea of what some are bringing that have been altered.

Of course the old saying "It's worth what someone is willing to pay" always applies.

Worth?
I would need to see more pics to even guess

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I buying or selling?

If I'm buying, I'm thinking $3k maybe. If I'm selling I'm going to try for $6k, without really expecting to see more than about $4200.

Just my off the cuff numbers...

Edit - storage can usually be found for $50/month. I've lived in apartments and stored a 939series 5ton at the storage place down the street. ..

Last edited:

lincolntwilliams

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Ask 5k for it, get about 4 for it.

Storage for my rig at 50 per month x 4 years = too much! You made me think about it though...

Thanks for the replies.

wdbtchr

I don't have a pig in this race, but personally if I modified a truck the way I liked it then I would do just about anything to keep it. Getting it to where your being stationed would be the biggest problem but once there reasonable or free storage could be worked out. Just my 2cents, but they'll have to bury me with my MVs.

richingalveston

if the body is clean and no rust, it is a 5k truck. The interior parts that are bad, are bad in most trucks out there and can be fixed easily.

Paying 4 years of storage would not be good either.

If you don't have family you can leave it with for free, (let them use it a little, it will help it keep over time).
Then sell it and I would list it for $6k and take the best offer.

consider the condition of the truck and if you would still want it in 4 to 5 years and also consider finding another one in good condition in 4 to 5 years. finding these trucks in good condition now is hard to do. Another 5 years and the prices are going to be higher and the selection a lot worse.

My 2cents. I would do what I could to keep it. 5 years from now it could be worth double or cost you double to replace it. You can put that money in the bank but today's interest will by you a cheap steak dinner in 4 years. And the money in the bank will probably disappear in 4 years, The truck parked with a cover will be just like you left it.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 642095
Subject says it all. 1986 M1008, added electric fuel pump, spin on filter, doghead mod, added 2" receiver, lifted 5" using ORD shackle flip and tuff country ez ride springs, obviously H1's with 37" GY's…. has a new th400 in it. 52k Miles. Interior is decent, the seat has been recovered, the dash is cracked, and the door panels are faded.

I DO NOT want to sell. I'm in the military and am moving from Washington to Florida, we will be living on base there and will not have anywhere to store it… so my hand is kind of being forced.

Let me know what you think. I'm not interested in selling on here, just looking to see what the experts think. I'm in Western Washington if that narrows down the market for ya.
I don't know about other branches but every Army Post that I know of has a lot to store boats, RVs, extra cars, etc.
No cost that I know of as long as you have PCS orders for that Post.

Usually (not always) close to airfield.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks