• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is on my dash?

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have searched both the internet and on the forum for some clues. Do you all have these things on your A3 dash? What are they for? In the picture, they are a series of small hooks (one set on driver and one set on passenger side). Any help would be much appreciated. (They rattle like crazy on idle and if they serve no known purpose, I am inclined to remove them).

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Improved arctic defroster diffuser.

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the quick answer. Living in Arizona, don't know how much use they will be (other than hanging my ear plugs).

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Improved arctic defroster diffuser.
Is that really what it is or are you just messing with him? I've always wondered myself but never looked into it. It almost sounds like something made up on "Tool Time" made by Binford Tools!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From TM9-2320-361-34P

1 KFOZZ 19207 10897147-2 DEFLECTOR, VEHICULA PART OF KIT P/N 1

A

A/C Cages

Those are supposed to move and hit the areas that are more or less needing the defroster.
Oh and by the way, they never worked! nice idea but still never worked correctly.

We used to carry a propane portable torch and used that at a distance to warm things up. Just always remember not to get too close to the window or it shatters the glass. oops we found that out the hard way more then once. lol

ryker725

Those are to be set at varying angles to ride undetected by radar. Sort of like the angles on the Stealth fighter, but for slower vehicles..

I hear they work great to evade radar..

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 7 year old's first guess was that they were put on the dash to encourage soldiers to wear their seatbelts. Bet it would work. One face-plant on the dash would leave as lasting impression (pun intended).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks