• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is power junction block in cab for?

realm

What is the port under the dash for?

The TM calls it a power junction block... it's the circle metal thing under the dash beneath the radio. Has a screw cap that unscrews and a bunch of holes.

What plugs into this thing and what's it for?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

Thats it. If you do not have the military diagnostis device, ignore ot or take all the related harenes of the diagnostis recepticel out. It is good for noting without the equipment.
Wolf

papercu

FYI Power junction block is for the radio trucks and for M1008 is in the bed. The -20 calls the "circle metal thing under the dash" as the "diagnostic connector". Wayne

realm

So theoretically could you rip it out and every wire connected to it to simplify the truck?

Not going to do it myself as I'd just screw something up, but simply curious. :-D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So theoretically could you rip it out and every wire connected to it to simplify the truck?

Not going to do it myself as I'd just screw something up, but simply curious. :-D

Theoretically, yes

dependable

Theoretically maybe, but less of a can of worms if you leave it be. Wherever you cut the main harness you will have hot leads exposed to all your electrical components. To mess with it is silly, and a waste of time, Like others have said, if you don't like looking at the port for some reason, tuck it under the dash. Spend your spare time rustproofing, replacing your weatherstrip, changing the transmission filter, and all those original fluids. Just my opinion. Theoretically you could map the ste-ice plug, and do some diagnostics with it without the test unit (I have not had time to do this).

realm

I was just curious, but yea... I'll leave it as-is. :-D

Anyone use the 24volt terminals in the back by the rear passenger seat? Can that be easily converted to 12volts for accessories?

realm

Sweet setup! What size and type tires do you have on your rig btw? 35x12.50's? Still have stock axles/gearing? Looks perfect for the truck.