• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is required to bypass M923a2 CTIS

RDUKW

I just bought a m923a2 and wanted to figure out what it takes to bypass the ctis at the wheels. I have to go do a recovery next week and the truck has a flat tire. I want to make sure I have the tools and parts to bypass the system if I need to.

Thanks
Ryan

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start the truck and turn the CTIS system off, take an inflater and inflate the tire through the service glad hand . The tire is deflated most likely due to a main seal leak. If your driving it home make sure you stop and check the pressures of the tires. Once you're on the road ,activate the CTIS and if is working probably it will keep the tire at rated pressure .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope the flat is on the rear. I'd expect any tire that sat flat, to blow at highway speed.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the flat tire is on the front I would move it to the rear for the drive home.
The tires get driven on when they are flat and my of sit flat for a long time, just need to be on the safe
side with the tires on the front.

Have a fun and safe trip home!!!!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good point, if the affected tire is on the front, look it over real close, dry rot, side wall cracking are signs that it may not last a long trip home. Move it to the rear or swap with the spare.
JC

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As someone above said, it is probably a wheel seal. You can check this by slopping soapy water all over the rim. Look for bubbles! With that said, I have never had a truck with working CTIS...at least that worked for very long. To bypass it, simply disconnect the wiring harness from the computer in the cab. Assuming your system is air tight, your tires should stay up. If you have any leaks, you could check them by putting cores in the valve stems. This will completely eliminate the CTIS from the system.

RDUKW

Yes the tire is on the rear. So I don't have to bypass any valves to just air the tires up with outh the ctis. I will probably mount the spare just to be safe and disassemble the flat one to make sure there is not structural damage inside.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a PITA to change tires on an A2. You have to remove all of the CTIS stuff and then remount it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I find that the schrader valve on the back side of the tire is sometimes not fully tightened in and air can slowly leak from there. You can get the tool to tighten them at autozone it's like five bucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks