• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the DCA ID resistor

Action

It is located where you found it...

Diagnostic Connector Assembly?
There are a bunch of transducers and senders in the basic kit....

rca-ste-ice-r-vehicle-test-meter-diagnostics-check-kit-assy-case-accessories-6eceff195a49c59e703.jpg

Action

Ah, OK. I would guess you have option 1, no DCA. It looks like you are using new software with an old HMMWV. Maybe someone else can assist.

Newer HMMWVs have extra electrical items, such as a frequency converter on the firewall, resistor by horn, and resistor near transmission.

319cssb

Ah, OK. I would guess you have option 1, no DCA. It looks like you are using new software with an old HMMWV. Maybe someone else can assist.

Newer HMMWVs have extra electrical items, such as a frequency converter on the firewall, resistor by horn, and resistor near transmission.
While I really appreciate your response. It doesn't help me , since you have no clue what you're talking about.
i know to have read on this forum, ( it might have been in the CUCV section) ,that there is a resistor somewhere , I just want to have it verified by someone who knows.
so while I appreciate the participation, it's sometimes better to stay out , unless you have knowledge about the subject you are talking about . Thank you

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I really appreciate your response. It doesn't help me , since you have no clue what you're talking about.
i know to have read on this forum, ( it might have been in the CUCV section) ,that there is a resistor somewhere , I just want to have it verified by someone who knows.
so while I appreciate the participation, it's sometimes better to stay out , unless you have knowledge about the subject you are talking about . Thank you
Try the TM's , if it's on the truck when issued, it will be in the TM's.

Page #26 easily found with google.
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a181563.pdf

Last edited:

319cssb

So back to my question, where is the DCA resistor in our HMMWV ?

thanks to your great link we are able to verify that there is one, but where?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So back to my question, where is the DCA resistor in our HMMWV ?

thanks to your great link we are able to verify that there is one, but where?
Well if you look at the link and page I posted , it is near the plug port inside the truck . Follow the wires from the plug port.

319cssb

You haven't seen it on your truck or someone else saw it? I of course looked right away but I don't see anything prominent

Action

I thought I did, because DCA can stand for
Diagnostic
Connector
Assembly,
which is part of the STE-ICE test kit.

I guess you need another DCA.

Good luck.

319cssb

I thought I did, because DCA can stand for
Diagnostic
Connector
Assembly,
which is part of the STE-ICE test kit.

I guess you need another DCA.

Good luck.
THX well the DCA connector is the connector your (or better my) MSD ICE or ICE box connects to
Thank you for helping, though.
TM-9-2320-364-20-2_205_1.jpgTM-9-2320-365-34-1_83_2.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ste-Ice DCA connector close to shifter.
TM9-2320-280-20-3 has schematics .
resistors are embedded in ste-ice DCA.
2 ea. 4.02 k ohm, 1 ea. 3.48 k ohm.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please understand that you are asking about something on the fringe of the Steelsoldiers knowledge base (using a Miltope with a HMMWV STE-ICE), and sometimes a partial answer is enough to get someone pointed in the right direction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks