• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the definitive 3053-A 5th gear ratio

Foreverunstopable

I searched every post on the 3053 and 3053-A and all over the internet. All I have been able to find is contradicting information on the final drive ratio of the transmission. Some say .85 some say .80 others say civilian cases have 3 other OD's ratios. I know what the TM says it just seems like everyone comes up with a different number.

What is the verifiable final drive ratio of a Spicer 3053-A? Is it .85 or .80 ".79ish"

Thanks!!

acetomatoco

To verify it yourself... put it in OD and turn the front shaft 5 turns while counting the revs of the output shaft, then divide by 5 to minimize chance of error and output over input will give you the OD.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I've always found inside 3053As: input 29T, counter gears 42Tand 46T and 5th with 25T. So the math goes 29 div. by 42, mult. by46, div. by 25 = 1.27 (27% O.D.)
Or 25 div. by 46, mult by 42, div. by 29 = 0.787 (0.79:1 ratio).
Next time you have yours open, just count the teeth!

G.

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
yep, lots of errors out there. .79 is the only 5th i have been able to verify. jp mag also says it is fully synchronized, which any fool knows is wrong.............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks