• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the difference between the T214- and the T-245

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the difference between the T214- and the T-245? my buddy has a M37 with a T214 in it. My question what is the difference? My first thought is that the T 245 was better. But I notice the difference there is a HP difference.

can someone bring light to this.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Displacement is 230.2 cubic inches for both engines.

Stroke is 4 5/8" for both engines.

Cylinder bore is 3 1/4" for both engines.

Brake HP is 2 HP lower on the T-214 @ 3200 RPMs (Note some TMs for the T-245 state 94 HP @ 3400 RPM and some state 94 HP @ 3200 RPM)

Oil Pressure is roughly the same range on both engines, 15 PSI @ Idle to 50 PSI @ 30MPH

Crankcase Capacity: T-214 5 QT Refill / T-245 6 QT Refill

Cooling system Capacity is the same. 17 QTs

Compression in the T-214 is 98-118 PSI @ cranking speed / T-245 120-130 PSI @ cranking speed

Distributor Type: T-214 Regular snap type cap (I can't remember if its an offset drive tang) / T-245 waterproof screw on cap and offset tang drive.
Distributor is Vacuum advance on T-214 and Automatic on T-245 (Fly Weights)

Hope this answers some questions.

Bert

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks