• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the "duckbill" hood paint?

steelandcanvas

So, could've been on any truck? I might just do it anywho. Just cause I like it!
You can certainly do as you wish, however it was an 8th Trans identification, so the yellow nose wouldn't have been on just any truck. Do it, go Army, and put the 8th Transportation Group markings and bumper numbers on your truck.

MG2936

This picture was taken in 1970. The person in the picture told me they were on a beer run. I painted my truck exactly like this one. He helped me to get the correct markings on the bumpers, which you cannot see in this picture.img060.jpg

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you painting it dark blue?

Two of my rims were blue, even though the truck was Army and was out of service twenty years ago. Funny how parts got traded around...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks