• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the funny hold in rear passenger wheel well used for?

HmmwvTim

I was wondering what was mounted in this hole in the rear passenger wheel well. Does anyone else have this? If so, what did you use it for?
DB21827D-3CFA-48DE-8A8F-0C8B70C330AF.jpeg305998F8-3428-4A89-88B7-EFF0C7CFB648.jpeg

HmmwvTim

Large 200 amp I think power connector for ambulances and shelter carriers
I guess that makes sense since it came with a 400a alternator. Any chance on knowing the partnumbers? Or photos so I can see what it looks like.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a pass through for an antenna cable

Shelter power cables went either straight to the batteries or to the 200 amp umbilical plug in the rear passenger footwell. None of the shelters (as far as I know) had power cables that ran through the rear passenger area and into the wheelwell.

HmmwvTim

That's a pass through for an antenna cable

Shelter power cables went either straight to the batteries or to the 200 amp umbilical plug in the rear passenger footwell. None of the shelters (as far as I know) had power cables that ran through the rear passenger area and into the wheelwell.
Antenna? That makes sense why it is missing. Demil requirements. I do have that huge power connector in the rear passenger floor. It takes away a lot of foot space.

i guess for the hole, maybe I will stick a light in it or just plug it.

HmmwvTim

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is how it looks installed, on mine it wasn’t removed, it does look like an antenna cable pass-thru, too small of an opening for anything that would deliver higher current, it looks like it would support about 2x 14AWG:

0F3A20BC-7C3C-45D9-A793-8FDD88295991.jpeg

papakb

That hole can be used for many things as mentioned depending on which of the large grommets you use. There are large and small hole grommets for either battery cables or antenna coax and multiple hole grommets if you need to pass both sizes thru the panel. Since the trucks aren't meant to be water tight they serve as a splash shield.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks