• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the largest diameter wheel that fits a M1009

rjinga

An off-road vehicle is only as tall as it's lowest point, so I want my differentials as high off the ground as possible. My thinking was that the only way to do that is run the largest diameter wheel(and tire?) as possible. I currently have a 2" suspension lift with 33x12.5x15 tires. Suggestions?

axlr8

How High do you want? youd have to figure the tire and wheel diameter and then take half that to get radius and then figure in the size of the pumkins and all that.

rjinga

How High do you want? youd have to figure the tire and wheel diameter and then take half that to get radius and then figure in the size of the pumkins and all that.
They told me there'd be no math when I bought my CUCV. :wink:

Assume a 2" suspension lift, and I don't want to cut my fenders. Does that help?

SPCWarning

As far as wheels, personally I would run 15's. My Silverado came with 20" wheels (dealer add-on), the tires are 275/55/20. That equals to about a 31/10.50. Just for kicks and giggles I stuck one on the cucv. The only difference the wheels made was more clearance from the brake drums/rotors (and looked like chit!!) but I just HAD to see.
For tires, a lot of guys on here (many threads about it) have run 33's without a lift. Some claim 35/10.50/15's will fit, but NOT for offroad as they will rub like crazy. The 33's will rub a little bit also if you're going to do a lot of offroad bouncing but highway driving is ok.
Hope this helps.
Jimmy

jaymcb

As far as wheels, personally I would run 15's. My Silverado came with 20" wheels (dealer add-on), the tires are 275/55/20. That equals to about a 31/10.50. Just for kicks and giggles I stuck one on the cucv. The only difference the wheels made was more clearance from the brake drums/rotors (and looked like chit!!) but I just HAD to see.
For tires, a lot of guys on here (many threads about it) have run 33's without a lift. Some claim 35/10.50/15's will fit, but NOT for offroad as they will rub like crazy. The 33's will rub a little bit also if you're going to do a lot of offroad bouncing but highway driving is ok.
Hope this helps.
Jimmy
Thanks! My civvy yukon also runs 275/55/20's. Just WAIT till you have to replace those.

SPCWarning

jaymcb,
I replaced them this past fall. My old Goodyear Eagle LS2's had 78,000 miles on them.............tread was still good but were starting to dry rot. I went back with Goodyears of course but went a size shorter (275/45/20, and went with an "LS") Bought them from Summit Racing. $167 each at the time and well worth it, it rides MUCH better.

ps I love my CUCV! (MV related)

jaymcb

The bridgestones that came with my truck lasted me 88,000, and if I hadn't had a toe-in problem, they might have lasted a while longer.

I bought Michelin LTX-II's, and my wallet is about 1100.00 lighter after the 4 of them, mount/balance/tax/alignment

I like the michelins on this truck, but def prefer the goodyear 395's on my 109. I might do 33's on the new (to me)1009, once I get the other issues worked out - like getting it home :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks