• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the Lead Time for generators on GovPlanet?

pappachuck

I know that buying vehicles on GovPlanet can be a painful experience and take up to 10 months. However is the same valid for the generators?
Is there a difference between the Trailer Genset and the static Genset regarding lead times and licensing?
Does the EUC still takes that long to be processed by the TSC?

Just trying to understand what I am about to mess with.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably do if your state requires title and plates for a trailer...some states don't though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rickf

So you are saying you no longer need to be approved through the government to buy surplus equipment? No EUC? Looks like it is still needed for vehicles and I needed it for all the gen-sets I bought.

Zed254

I've purchased several trailers and 2 generators. One of the generators was on a trailer. Virginia can be painful for registering military equipment so I got the SF97s. However, I'm not sure I needed them. I had to send documents to Richmond to get tags. I included a bill of sale. Local office had a problem with SF97 because GovPlanet paperwork showed them transferring trailers to me. VA DMV wanted an SF97 from Fed Gov transferring trailer to me. Next time I'm going with the bill of sale only.

No EUC required for the items I've purchased. Like Scoobyshep says, they wanted my money and for me to get it off the lot.

Ray70

In many states you can legally register small trailers without the SF97 and in several states a dedicated generator trailer is exempt from even needing to be registered, as long as you only use it to transport the generator. Some other states also are exempt if teh GVW is under something like 3000lb. ( check your specific state ) With that said... I bought a couple units in Jan and applied for and paid for the SF97. Picked up the gensets a week later. In June I hadn't heard anything about my 3 SF97's so I sent an email which went unreplied to. In Mid July I called and the woman said see saw a note in my account about my email but had to look into the status.
A couple days later I got an email saying they had not issued the SF97's because none of my auctions showed pictures of the vin tags, so I had to submit 3 new application forms. Here we are in Late August and I have sold all the gens and all the trailers but still no word on the SF97's.... moral of the story... Skip the sf97 if your state doesn't need it but if you apply It may take a while, so hope you aren't in a rush.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks