• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the pipe that sticks out of the passenger side below the headlight called

trudsmtuner

I think it is part of the artic package for preheating??
does it work off of other trucks exhaust?

i will try to get pictures. but how exactly does it work and are they of any value ?
it has it on another deuce i just bought.

thanks, Justin

mbarber84

Im sure the experts will chime in, but I believe that is the tube for the swingfire heater. Part of the arctic prep package for the deuce, it is used to heat the engine in arctic climates. I believe it operates similar to the fuel-fired in-cab heater, but is primarily for keeping the engine at operating temp.

Added: I just checked my manuals on CD, that IS the swingfire heater tube. As I understand it, I believe that tube is a type of water jacket that is used to heat the engine coolant specifically.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks