• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the turbo brand and model #? Think I need a new one or cartridge

scottmandu

Curious about the two different turbos. How did you come across this info? OWuld make sense why my 225hp truck with a 290hp turbo is so laggy. Time to turn up the fuel!
Also, Im curious to see the flow map on your magestic turbo. Cant wrap my head around a turbo that flows enough air to support 600hp, yet spools faster at stock fuel trim than the original. What is the A/A on it?
I chased caterpillar part numbers on the factory turbos. The turbo design on the 3116 is almost 30 years old, more modern blade profiles and materials allow turbos to spool faster and produce more boost with similar physical dimensions. I'll see if i can dig p the build sheet.

I may have missed it but did you ever find the part number and source for the turbo? I am in the market for a new one :)

Cheers
Seth

I chased caterpillar part numbers on the factory turbos. The turbo design on the 3116 is almost 30 years old, more modern blade profiles and materials allow turbos to spool faster and produce more boost with similar physical dimensions. I'll see if i can dig p the build sheet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks