• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this and how do i make it stop leakin

treeguy

I can't really help much, but that 12 pointed stud looks awful similar to the 12 pointed stud used to house the fuel delievery valve on the MEP injection pumps. Without looking at a TM, thats what I think it is.

hoop

I have had that problem.....It comes from over pressurization(I think), try backing your fuel off some. I replaced mine several times and it would crack the new one in just a few days. I finally backed the fuel off and really slowed the leak down. Mine would only leak during pulling RPM's. As said just a tiny spring behind it.
It cracks between the hole and the shoulder of the bolt.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it is the fuel delivery check valve and if it leaks when properly torqued, or starts leaking again after you fix it, you have an injector that will not take the flow of fuel. it is a very important part of the ip but should never require servicing. see the ip manual for specs.

tom

Seth_O

I had this exact same leak on mine. Came on very suddenly and for no apparent reason. I replaced that bolt with a good take-off, tightened it to spec and it's never leaked since.

I could not visually see any problem with the old, or any difference b/n the old bolt and the new. I think I used a medium sized metric wrench (11 or 12mm maybe?) - it fit perfectly.

Last edited:

whyme

"delivery valve screw" as its referenced on the plate next to it (yours is obviously painted over). the torque 48 ft lbs and as stated prior if it leaking its prob cracked threads. its an expensive little screw if you can find it. be aware that there is a tiny spring that sits behind it and will likely come out when you remove the screw.

i dint notice the cracking the first time i removed it but after re torquing it was more obvious, i assume there was a micro fracture and given the fuel pressure its no wonder it leaked.

Edit: darn, guess i was too late to help, glad it worked tho.

Seth_O

i will get to that tomorrow i hope is there any trick to gettin it off
No tricks or surprises. It just unbolts and pulls off. I pulled mine off very slowly and very carefully - wary of anything small and spring-loaded that could go flying off and disappear forever. It turned out to just be the stop cable attached to a bracket.

Clean it up and put on a new gasket, I don't think permatex will do any harm there either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks