• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this and what does it do?

stationjj

I found this tube with a bolt in the end of it. It appears to connect left of the CDR valve under the air intake.

What does it go to? What should I do with it?

Picture below;

Thank You,

stationjj

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow it and see where it goes.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing for sure, you don't really need to use a grade 8 screw there, a grade 5 or even a 2 would suffice.

MarcusOReallyus

No, it's the dilithium crystal drain. The flux capacitor hookup hose is next to the caripulation module, and it's always blue when it extends into this dimension. Something about its polarization modulus, I think.

Anyway, the dilithium crystal drain shouldn't be plugged like that. If your dilithium crystals can't drain, you risk unlinking the fenestrembulator.

Things get pretty ugly when that happens. :shock:

Keith_J

Probably an axle vent line. Screw threads won't seal in a hose but it can plug. Vent plugging will cause eventual seal failure.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are important, don't cap the line or remove the line, the axles need to breathe. Offroaders who go in a lot of water take those lines and semi-hardline them in so they aren't as flexible as rubber hose, and usually bring the line up on the firewall, then make a "U" in the line so the open end is pointed downwards a few inches. Unless you are under water up to the hose, you have positive breathing of your axle, and very limited chance any moisture will get in there.

Onestar

I would guess diff housing vent line, mine were ran similarly. They make self venting plugs that arent supposed to let liquids in, mine already had these self venting plugs. I'm not sure where to get them but they can be worth it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably an axle vent line. Screw threads won't seal in a hose but it can plug. Vent plugging will cause eventual seal failure.

What would make you think anyone would reroute the axle vent to that location, and then plug it with a bolt?

Attachments

cscmc1

This thread got entertaining real fast! Seriously, though, OP -- you need to let us know where the other end of that hose goes. It's all just guessing until you do that.

muddobber40

Looks like the fuel supply line that would connect to the metal line running, or would normally run, to the fuel pump. Looks like from the picture there is an spin on filter and other lines running to it.

stationjj

I am glad my post was entertaining.

I am new CUCV Mechanic. I am sorry I don't have the experience as a mechanic or working on CUCVs.

I am still trying understand how the CUCV operates.
I have had the CUCV for 6 months now. Yes, I am still learning. I ask that you please bear with
me as a newbie.

I do my research the best I can. Sometimes I do ask for verification, to make sure I understand something.

Currently I am tackling electrical issues. I posted this hoping someone with more knowledge than myself would know what it was.

Thank You,

stationjj

khandoh

But seriously, if that is a engine, transmission, or axle vent, just get a hose long enough to drape over the engine, or get a covered vent looks like (cant think of name, sue me. I'm a bit past driving legally...)
_____
| |
|_| |_|
_| |_
| |
|_ _|
| |
| |
|_ |

If this comes out.... (Should look like a 't' with a cap)

Edit: Hmm Ill leave that there in the case that it does look right, otherwise ASCII drawings are banjaxed on this site. I cant think of the valve's name, but go to your local parts house and describe the part I described.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am glad my post was entertaining.

I am new CUCV Mechanic. I am sorry I don't have the experience as a mechanic or working on CUCVs.

I am still trying understand how the CUCV operates.
I have had the CUCV for 6 months now. Yes, I am still learning. I ask that you please bear with
me as a newbie.

I do my research the best I can. Sometimes I do ask for verification, to make sure I understand something.

Currently I am tackling electrical issues. I posted this hoping someone with more knowledge than myself would know what it was.

Thank You,

stationjj
Highly entertaining, thanks. Your answer can be found in the 2nd post. Follow it to see where it goes and report back.
Part of learning is asking questions, another part of learning is doing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks