• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this and what should it be connected to?

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I circled the thingy at the bottom (drivers side top of engine by firewall). What is it? There is a small hose that runs to the other side near the air intake, but the hose isn't connected to anything.

Attachments

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JK, it’s the power steering reservoir
Very funny:p You had me going, for like a second! I figured it was something like that-nitrous, a flux-capacitor, or a mouse treadmill.

So the small hose that comes off the power steering reservoir running over near the air intake, what does it connect to?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC there should be a tee in the vent line going to the air filter housing that that hose connects to

BLK HMMWV

Very funny:p You had me going, for like a second! I figured it was something like that-nitrous, a flux-capacitor, or a mouse treadmill.

So the small hose that comes off the power steering reservoir running over near the air intake, what does it connect to?
I believe all of those hoses are part of the fording system.
Is there a fording valve below the dash and behind the E brake lever?
If no valve is there a hole located there ?IMG_20240101_132616.jpg

Last edited:

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no fording valve below the dash and behind e-brake lever. I find the power steering system in the technical manuals, showing hoses, but none show the small hose (1/8"ID) over towards the air intake/filter.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there should be a small hose that goes from the dash to the air filter area for the air filter restriction gauge in the dash.

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there should be a small hose that goes from the dash to the air filter area for the air filter restriction gauge in the dash.
Thanks, Coug. The hose I'm referring to originates/comes out of the top of the power steering reservoir.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks