• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this for Turbo?, it looks huge compared to 1c and 1d

The Swede

Hi every one , I have read alot about the turbos 1C and 1D and now i have bought my first Duce and it has a turbo but it looks huge not att all like a 1C ore 1D and the exhaust connection looks wierd.
Sorry for my spelling , Im from Sweden
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Screamin' Metal

Looks like a retrofit of somekind....they probably borrowed it off a stationary gen set or pump.......good ole Uncle Sam great about 'Watergating' parts from one ot fix another......thogh I could be wrong...........I really can't see the pics very well..........

jatonka

That turbo is the one on an LDS 427-2 from an M35A1 truck. It is built for power not clean air. If it is on an LDT 465 - 1 engine, you ought to install a Pyrometer real soon. That turbo produced 146 HP on the infamous LDS 427 engine. I have one of these early Hypercycle engines in an old dump truck and it just won't die. The truck is shot but it still moves and dumps so it goes on yhe job. On the 465, with fuel setting for a 1C turbo, it might make 160 hp and it could generate some serious heat. JT out

knissen

Hi Swede, welcome to SteelSoldiers.
It is a LDS427 turbo. Show us some pics of the truck and engine tag please.
I have a M35A1 with one of these, works great.

The Swede

Okey thanks for all the help, I have unfortunately not picked up my truck yet :-(
But I have some pics :D
And some other questions.
And the engine tag is in so bad condition, unreadable, see picture.
If it is a LDS427 engine in my truck what is the differens between LDT465-C1 and LDS427?
Is that any other way to identify the engine?
Is it posible to put a C1 turbo on it?
And will it change the preformens of the engine?And the finale question , Do you know any one that have a C-turbo they would want to sell me?

Thanks in advance again!

Attachments

knissen

Pretty sure its a M35A1 (horizontal exhaust)
Its an earlier M35 model, the engine and horizontal exhaust is getting rare.
Main difference is smaller bore (427cui compared to 478cui on the LDT465 engine) and another turbo. Works fine, just make sure not to over rev. it.
If you want C turbo and horisontal stack, find another truck. And let me know where this one is for sale :)

The Swede

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the answers!
I have found a new truck with the right engine:p
And its in much better
condition
then the blue one.
It is almost totaly restored to new apart from the engine which looks good and runs grate.
It has been parked indoors sens it was restored and driven a few times.
But I believe I can get the blue truck to but for a better price sens am buying the restored truck to.
Here are some pics :p

Thanks again!
Regards Erik .b in Sweden

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks