• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this for?

treeguy

I wanted to start a thread for deuce owners to be able to understand their trucks better by asking what certain odds and ends are for. Maybe this could be a place to help newb's and experienced owners alike ask the seemingly dumb or quick questions.

Does anyone know what these two holes in the rear frame member are for?

Why are there these tabs on the axles?

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Shipping tab. The axles are made by Rockwell and shipped to whoever orders them to be made into a truck. The axles are shipped to them, in a box.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sure that is not the alternate brake line clamp position?
That is what I think, notice it's similarity to the front tab for the front brake hoses.

The other circled holes i believe are for the early trucks to mount the 10 pin trailer cable receptacle-later models were mounted in the bed (as shown).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wanted to start a thread for deuce owners to be able to understand their trucks better by asking what certain odds and ends are for. Maybe this could be a place to help newb's and experienced owners alike ask the seemingly dumb or quick questions.

Does anyone know what these two holes in the rear frame member are for?

Why are there these tabs on the axles?
The holes in the cross member in the rear(first pic) are for trucks that don't have a mount for the trailer plug. The tractors and fuel tankers etc bolt the trailer plugs there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks