• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this for?

Lonesome715

I was going to remove this part so I can clean up and paint the area behind it. I am questioning the need to re-install it though. Nothing was bolted to it and other than sliding under the lip on the dash I do not see anything it supports. What is it for and what if anything will I hurt if I do not re-install it?

Attachments

wsucougarx

Most deuce's I have seen came with this attachment. Do you have the rear reinforment plate that spans the entire width of the cab? It'll be long the inside rear of the cab. It is the bracket to hold 1/3 legs used to support the M66 Ring mount.

M1031CMT

Most every truck have that ring leg support installed. Both the M35 and M109 we got have it. As do all the older 1950's M135/M211 trucks we owned. Is something that comes standard from the factory.

You can remove it if you want. Doesn't hurt anything unless you intend on getting a ring mount (which are very hard to find and very expensive).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
'bout the hundredth thread on this....

Every truck has 'em.

Unfortunately, with titles like this one, it's hard to find these threads with a search. I know, how can you title a thread properly without knowing what it is...

ARYankee

'bout the hundredth thread on this....

Every truck has 'em.

Unfortunately, with titles like this one, it's hard to find these threads with a search. I know, how can you title a thread properly without knowing what it is...

What about after the part has been identified, having a moderator add the identified part name into the title? Example: What is this for? A: Gun Ring Mount

Just a suggestion. Although if you have no idea what it is called then you wouldn't know what you are looking for........:?::doh:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately the search function ignores some common words.

It ignores "what is this for"

The good thing is, when I see a thread title "what is this for" on the main page listing, I usually think "Gun Ring Mount"! rofl

gerrykan

Every time I see Lonesome715's username I think of the old country song LOnesome7-7203.:)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9A0odOa7ns&feature=related[/media]

Lonesome715

I have never heard that song before, cool.

I have had other deuces and I do not recall them having that support. I even had this one parked next to my ther one before I sold it and it did not have this support. Whenn heck, if they are that common I may as well just toss it in the scrap trailer. I hate to do that, but I cannot keep everything.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
my M-211 has the mount and the two clamps in the back of the cab. It also has the steel plate on the back of the pax seat for the gunner to stand on...now to find the mount.:?: