• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this hole??

FrankUSMC

My friend just got a M35 and two 5 tons at the GL sell at Camp Lujuene, NC. On all his trucks on both doors about 8 inches from the bottom of the door there is a hole that has been drilled. It looks like a 9/16 bolt would go though it. Also on his trucks the numbers 36 with a V has been painted on the doors. The trucks are camuflaged in green and brown, so they have not been to the sand box.
Any idias what the hole in the doors are for?
Thanks.
One of the few, Frank

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is this hole??? Interesting topic, sorry I guess being a squid (Navy) for so long has had it's effects. :roll:

acetomatoco

Not enough info for any reasonable sort of guess...for sure.. eight inches from the bottom? Inside, outside, front edge, rear edge.. through or just one side painted after drilling or rusty around hole, etc...Marine Stuff? ACe

bottleworks

FrankUSMC said:
...at the GL sell at Camp Lujuene, NC.
I have been trying to contact GL @ Camp Lejuene for sometime. I have one number that no one answers. One that turned out to be Ft. Bragg... I have been trying to make contact to pickup some engines at Camp Lejuene. Does anyone have a good number to contact them?

FrankUSMC

Bottleworks
I will try to get you a good number tomorrow for GL at camp Lujuene. The number on the bid information is wrong.....and they know it. To pick up a truck you have to make an appoitment, real hard when the number does not work.
On the hole in the door quiston I asked, as my post said it is 8 inches from the bottom, my post did not say on what side of the door it was on, but since I said some thing about the markings I assumed every one would have thought out side door panel. Not many tac marks placed inside so they can not be seen.
No, I am not driving to the other side of the next county to photo a hole in the door.
One of the few, Frank

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way it'd be a drain hole 8" above the bottom of the door and definately not a 9/16 hole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks