• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this? image attached

markmontana

OK- thanks much.

The one in the pic is the worst of them. Looks there is a brake on them. The others have a lever and shoe.

I'd assume the bigger one is for a 5 ton.

Now the next question- is there any value to them- or are they just boat anchors?

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worth

OK- thanks much.

The one in the pic is the worst of them. Looks there is a brake on them. The others have a lever and shoe.

I'd assume the bigger one is for a 5 ton.

Now the next question- is there any value to them- or are they just boat anchors?
If you need one, there priceless, i would spray them down with some lube or cosmoline and get them out of the weather2cents

Divemaster920

Banned
If they are "known" to be working and air-shift, I would say they are worth....200 to 250.
If unknown working condition???????

Reactions: emr

Crackerjax

well if I was stuck with a broken t case i wouldent care if it was a sprag or airshift....aslong as I could get one that was working and I could get it quick.....I prefer airshift...but I will take anything in an emergency...

Brian Thomas

I have a sprag case in mine and after I set it up to the specs in the TM it works great. After getting the truck I had no front drive in reverse. I feared ther worst and started looking for a air shift case but after checking the adjustment and finding it was way off. **** I did it laying in the snow with a prybar and a bottle jack. Took 10 min to do.
If you hate them its probaly cause one out smarted you. I would like a air shift case but it is not worth the work to put one in when the sprag works fine.
If a sprag case was a real good deal I would get one as a spare.

Where are you at? UT or NV?

markmontana

If a sprag case was a real good deal I would get one as a spare.

Where are you at? UT or NV?
Brian- you can have one of these for a spare. I'll bring one into town later this spring. I'm in Utah today, finishing up some business, and heading back to Mesquite in about an hour. Too dang cold up here.

PM me with your phone number and I'll call you next time I'm in town.

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks