• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this line for?

Lonesome715

I am going though and repairing all the lines on my truck. There were a lot that were missing and hacked. I think I have all my air lines figured out but this one line has me stumped. At first I thought it was a breather line for my fuel tank because of the way it is bent, but it has a fitting on it. I have looked at other M35’s but they did not have this line. I have tried to trace it, but the undercoating is globbed on in that section of the frame rail I cannot tell what line is what. It appears as though it feeds into an air line that is running to a brake boost, but I cannot tell for sure. Any ideas?

Oh, sorry for the photograph, I tired to get a better angle.

Attachments

phil2968

That is the vent line from the MC and the air pack. The MC line may have been disconnected under the truck but the airpack should still be hooked to it. I have seen some with the fitting and without.

Lonesome715

So it is good to go like it is? Would it hurt anything if I made it longer? I ask becuase I am planning a possible "snorkle kit" for this truck.

phil2968

If you plan to be in water that deep you need a snorkel for yourself! I think some guys run theirs in to the breather. Remember that when an air pack goes bad DOT5 can come out of that line.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that u bend fitting creates a inverted air trap to keep water out of line could be wrong

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks