• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this on the scales?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The chassis reminds me a little bit of a high speed tractor. Check with MDMorgan, it obviously came out of his paint shop! Judging by the paint on the tracks and how it lines up, looks like it was lifted and slung on the trailer, not rolled. ANTHONY? Wonder if it belongs to Ray Anthony, the crane tycoon.

Last edited:

54reo

It is an M53, part of the G-259 family with the undercarriage being based on the M48 tank.

155mm gun carrier.

Last edited:

bratpackdad

They also own Seco Aviation which does aircraft restorations. They deal with
Uncle Sam alot so assume they obtained it thru an auction. Seco had an
old Sikorksy S-64 which is how I know them.

54reo

Judging by the barrel length, I think it may be a M55, the updated version with the 8" gun.

Good to see you are still around here Lanty! I always enjoyed your posts, very informative ( and you are a fellow Mopar guy!)

I think the M53 (155mm) had the longer barrel that extended beyond the end of the hull, while the M55 (8 inch) had the shorter barrel. I could be mistaken though, it has been known to happen...;)

M920

It is an M53, part of the G-259 family with the undercarriage being based on the M48 tank.

155mm gun carrier.

I agree, it is definately the M53 and not the M55.....gun barrel is to long.

What a goofey paint job indeed.... :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks