• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this part called?

Project Reaper

Hey guys, I am doing some rust repair and prep work to do a full rubberized undercoating on the full underbody, outside and inside. I am ordering my body panels needed but I cannot seem to identify this door part. If anyone knows the name of it that would be greatly appreciated! Also I cannot seem to find the option to post pictures haha, if anyone can tell me how to do that as well I would love that.

Last edited:

Project Reaper

^ I did, I also tried, 85 blazer door rust replacement parts, k5 door parts, interior rust replacement, blazer center pillar, blazer b pillar, 85 blazer b pillar...:(. Does anyone have a TM handy? I do not unfortunately, I'm sure the name of this piece is in there.

Project Reaper

Well upon more research it looks like for most vehicles that piece is called a B pillar of inside door pillar, but that yielded no results for an 85 blazer...looks like this may be a custom sheet metal refab job.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What year is it??
blazer or suburban?
try LMC TRUCK PARTS
be my guess
hope that helps!!!
I looked through the mid-80s era K5 Blazers, they have external body replacement stuff, but nothing for the interior minus floor pans. I was hoping to link him there. Rock Auto or someone might but I really am not a fan of their website.

joshuak

From what I gathered googling, the interior B pillar is deemed as a structural element therefore replacements are not sold, but...

One of the hits sent me to a square body site in which one of the members makes his own panels for sale for 69-72 models, but might be worth a call to you. $ ouch though.

http://www.gmcpauls.com/Patch_Panels.htm

painter paul

As a body man, it's the interior of the b pillar but I doubt anyone will ever make them due to low demand. However it's easy enough to just have a good body shop fab a piece to replace any rust. There are situations wherein a professional can make a project the best route to go. I cringe seeing some guys do body work because they just make things worse. An old collision repair book would show that part and it would have been available for a few years after the vehicle was new. It being a structural part has nothing to do with it, it's supply and demand and there is very,very little demand for that part

Project Reaper

As a body man, it's the interior of the b pillar but I doubt anyone will ever make them due to low demand. However it's easy enough to just have a good body shop fab a piece to replace any rust. There are situations wherein a professional can make a project the best route to go. I cringe seeing some guys do body work because they just make things worse. An old collision repair book would show that part and it would have been available for a few years after the vehicle was new. It being a structural part has nothing to do with it, it's supply and demand and there is very,very little demand for that part
Well guys I greatly appreciate your effort and time. It looks like I will just buy some sheet metal and replace the spots that are bad in it, instead of the whole piece. I have decent experience with metal fab so this shouldnt be that bad.

NovacaineFix

Well upon more research it looks like for most vehicles that piece is called a B pillar of inside door pillar, but that yielded no results for an 85 blazer...looks like this may be a custom sheet metal refab job.
You're probably better off getting that part from a donor truck, if you can find one in good shape.
I looked and yes, it is a B pillar, but no vendors have that part as 1 piece. It is several layers of sheet metal that are connected there so it is going to be a bear to weld in, can be done though, not easy depending on your level of bodywork.