• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this part called?

Project Reaper

Hey guys, I am doing some rust repair and prep work to do a full rubberized undercoating on the full underbody, outside and inside. I am ordering my body panels needed but I cannot seem to identify this door part. If anyone knows the name of it that would be greatly appreciated! Also I cannot seem to find the option to post pictures haha, if anyone can tell me how to do that as well I would love that.

Last edited:

Project Reaper

^ I did, I also tried, 85 blazer door rust replacement parts, k5 door parts, interior rust replacement, blazer center pillar, blazer b pillar, 85 blazer b pillar...:(. Does anyone have a TM handy? I do not unfortunately, I'm sure the name of this piece is in there.

Project Reaper

Well upon more research it looks like for most vehicles that piece is called a B pillar of inside door pillar, but that yielded no results for an 85 blazer...looks like this may be a custom sheet metal refab job.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What year is it??
blazer or suburban?
try LMC TRUCK PARTS
be my guess
hope that helps!!!
I looked through the mid-80s era K5 Blazers, they have external body replacement stuff, but nothing for the interior minus floor pans. I was hoping to link him there. Rock Auto or someone might but I really am not a fan of their website.

joshuak

From what I gathered googling, the interior B pillar is deemed as a structural element therefore replacements are not sold, but...

One of the hits sent me to a square body site in which one of the members makes his own panels for sale for 69-72 models, but might be worth a call to you. $ ouch though.

http://www.gmcpauls.com/Patch_Panels.htm

painter paul

As a body man, it's the interior of the b pillar but I doubt anyone will ever make them due to low demand. However it's easy enough to just have a good body shop fab a piece to replace any rust. There are situations wherein a professional can make a project the best route to go. I cringe seeing some guys do body work because they just make things worse. An old collision repair book would show that part and it would have been available for a few years after the vehicle was new. It being a structural part has nothing to do with it, it's supply and demand and there is very,very little demand for that part

Project Reaper

As a body man, it's the interior of the b pillar but I doubt anyone will ever make them due to low demand. However it's easy enough to just have a good body shop fab a piece to replace any rust. There are situations wherein a professional can make a project the best route to go. I cringe seeing some guys do body work because they just make things worse. An old collision repair book would show that part and it would have been available for a few years after the vehicle was new. It being a structural part has nothing to do with it, it's supply and demand and there is very,very little demand for that part
Well guys I greatly appreciate your effort and time. It looks like I will just buy some sheet metal and replace the spots that are bad in it, instead of the whole piece. I have decent experience with metal fab so this shouldnt be that bad.

NovacaineFix

Well upon more research it looks like for most vehicles that piece is called a B pillar of inside door pillar, but that yielded no results for an 85 blazer...looks like this may be a custom sheet metal refab job.
You're probably better off getting that part from a donor truck, if you can find one in good shape.
I looked and yes, it is a B pillar, but no vendors have that part as 1 piece. It is several layers of sheet metal that are connected there so it is going to be a bear to weld in, can be done though, not easy depending on your level of bodywork.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks