• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this part?

Crtbly

New 1986 M1009 owner. I was driving my M1009 for the first time after buying it. I was about to leave the parking lot after driving to work and I heard the sound of metal hitting the ground. I looked below and saw this piece on the ground.

Does anyone know what piece this is or where it goes? Looked in the engine bay and under the passenger seat area where it fell and don’t see any locations that look like it’s missing something. Doesn’t drive any different after the piece fell. Any clues?
Any help would be appreciated.

2450E694-8A67-4CD6-B956-CB5B3F9805A1.jpeg

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New 1986 M1009 owner. I was driving my M1009 for the first time after buying it. I was about to leave the parking lot after driving to work and I heard the sound of metal hitting the ground. I looked below and saw this piece on the ground. Does anyone know what piece this is or where it goes? Looked in the engine bay and under the passenger seat area where it fell and don’t see any locations that look like it’s missing something. Doesn’t drive any different after the piece fell. Any clues? Any help would be appreciated.
Well that is your starter bracket for the front of it. Extremely important to bolt that back in there. Suggest you don't try to start it to much with that not in there. I'd check your starter bolts to make sure one didn't break or are loose. Probably be a good idea to pop new bolts in it. Real starter bolts. The bolt in the block that holds that bracket in is a m8x125 about 3/4 inch long. The nut on the starter is a 1/4 × 20 thread. Without that bracket you have a high chance of the starter breaking off a starter bolt or the block itself. To say it's important is an understatement.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Crtbly

Well that is your starter bracket for the front of it. Extremely important to bolt that back in there. Suggest you don't try to start it to much with that not in there. I'd check your starter bolts to make sure one didn't break or are loose. Probably be a good idea to pop new bolts in it. Real starter bolts. The bolt in the block that holds that bracket in is a m8x125 about 3/4 inch long. The nut on the starter is a 1/4 × 20 thread. Without that bracket you have a high chance of the starter breaking off a starter bolt or the block itself. To say it's important is an understatement.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I see where it goes now. Thank you for your help.

Chunk ball

This part is very important!! for starter gear wear/flexplate wear/failure. it's the reason why mine needed to be replaced. I check and make sure the starter bolts are tight, and the bolts on this little bracket as well from time to time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks