• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this thing and how do I stop it from leaking?

peashooter

So I was just working on the 109 today and noticed this thing dripping diesel onto the turbo. I dont know what it does but it looks to be attached to the return diesel line. Its got another small tube going to it as well. This thing says UNIVALVE on it and appears to be leaking from the end (it looks like it might have a plug on the end with a snap ring or something where its leaking. Any help on what it does and how to stop it from leaking would be appreciated.

Attachments

jasonjc

Thats the flame heater for cold starts. If you do sreach for flame heater there are alot of threads on fixing it.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is your trusty flame heater for cold starts. It is known to leak, both externally and internally. Unless you need low winter temp cold start capability, disconnect and plug off.
Of course, it is repairable; if you do a search you will find tips.

peashooter

Well I ended up getting a new one since I damaged the old one trying to get the plug off. I took the clip out and that cap wasnt coming out for the life of it. I ended up drilling a hole in it and using an easy out to finally pull the cap off the end. I bit the bullet and bought a new one from Memphis. Here is a pic of the difference between the old and new style. Looks like the new design addresses the leak problem.

Attachments

Heavysteven

Just make sure it does not leak after you install it. Mine did I got busy at work and never got around to returning it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xHolOZzZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

flyusn99

Peashooter:
What was the nomenclature you used when you ordered it from Memphis and if you don't mind me asking how much was the replacement? I had the same thing happening on my Deuce but had a spare engine I pulled the thing off...

James

JasonS

Well I ended up getting a new one since I damaged the old one trying to get the plug off. I took the clip out and that cap wasnt coming out for the life of it. I ended up drilling a hole in it and using an easy out to finally pull the cap off the end. I bit the bullet and bought a new one from Memphis. Here is a pic of the difference between the old and new style. Looks like the new design addresses the leak problem.
If you look closely at the mil documentation, that hexagonal version is used on the OLD multifuels with the solenoid valves. I got the correct one from White Owl and it does not leak.