• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this thing for?

Lonesome715

I found this in a deuce I had a few years ago. It was lying lose under the passenger seat. I tried to test fit it several places in the cab including over the slave cables. But it did not fit anything I could find. I ended up just sticking it on a shelf and forgetting about it. Any idea what it is for?

Attachments

DieselBob

Maybe the access cover for the arming driver associated with the radial hyper drive distribution selector for the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. Just a guess. :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cover for the headlight dimmer switch. Bolts to the bottom of the cab and protects the switch from the elements.

Lonesome715

I ound one just like it on mu current deuce. I was so busy trying to fnd what it goes to in the cab I did no think to look under it. Now I have yet another extra part I do not need.

SoundGuy

I believe it is the cover for the Flux Capacitor. The military removed them in 1985 when they realized the deuce would never be able to hit 88 MPH.

Heavysteven

I agree with Clinto. I would like to caution you about some of the other posts. They appear to be humorous in nature and sarcastict. The reference to a flux capacitor is from a fictional movie called "Back to the Future".

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks