• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this truck? and more questions?

wildbilly1760

What model is this truck? What is it worth? running? not running? Are any of the parts interchangeable with the m-35a2? Winch, tires, wheels, springs? frame? lightbulbs? seats? Would you flat tow it 100 miles with a m35a2 and tow bar? Will an m109 van fit onto the frame?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/wildbilly1760-albums-misc-stuff-picture10201-dscn2446.jpg

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/wildbilly1760-albums-misc-stuff-picture10201-dscn2445.jpg
the pics are in my album named misc pics.
if you could explain how to get the pics up on here I would appreciate the info. I cant ever get pics up as thumbnails like most of you. thanks, Bill

Last edited:

Jones

That's either an M-135 or an M-211.
GMC with automatic trans so drive dine(s) will have to be disconneted before towing.
I'd probably trailer rather than tow it that far due to unknown condition of bearings and seals.

109 box. Dunno.

Adding pictures; Type out your post then look in box below for "manage attachments".
Clicking on that should open a box where you'll be able to browse through your picture files. Make your choice and click 'open' for each one. When you get the picture(s) selected then click on "upload". It takes a while but it'll tell you when it's done. Close that window and hit "Post Quick Reply" and you should see your post with picture attachments.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an m211, a gasser. It all varies on condition what its worth. Do you have any more pictures? If its structurally sound I wouldnt hesitate to tow-bar it with a deuce. Nice find too.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 109 box will bolt perfectly to the frame brackets. The winch, wheels, and lighting is the same as M35A2. I would air up the tires to at least 20 psi and flat tow that sucker any day. They are all pre-silicone brake fluid so count on a 100% brake system rebuild which is a huge amount of work (12 wheel cylinders). The GMC's are a labor of love, don't expect to do some quicky repairs and sell for big bucks.

Stan Leschert

M-211 or variant. Motor and tranny parts do not interchange with M-35 series. Not too bad of a beastie. There are a ton of them out there, and they are still a good value. How much does he want for it?

If you get a chance, post a pic of the data plate.
The TM is here in the resource tab for a free download. Look at it before commiting. TM 9-8024

If you get the truck, buy a hardcopy off of E-Pay. Manuals are cheaper to degrease/ replace as opposed to lapdance confusers!

Keep us posted.

wildbilly1760

So far he was asking 1500$ and is not sure if it will run. It ran 2 years ago on a can of fresh gas running direct from a fuel can, bypassing the fuel tank of muck. supposedly.hahahha It has overload springs or something on it from the pics. I requested more pics, and havent gotten any yet, and the data plate info. I have a father in law that needs a winch for m-35 a2. I need a place for a m109 van box. Either a truck or a frame to make into a trailer to tow behind my m35. I think those m220 look pretty cool... So of course the gears are winding in my head of future projects...hahaaha. thanks for all the info. Bill

emr

These vehicles need people to love them, they were never upgraded, they were not the pick of the litter to start with, but for the hobby, they sure are one cool truck, but they requir patients and a few bucks , for the tow truck u will need...ouch, sorry.....But really they are not a good first truck unless u have some experience already, or just have to have that style and can afford it, ... good luck...:beer:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other pic in your profile shows the winch, you probably know from ebay those are quite pricey these days. The sheet metal looks good. If she ran 2 years ago, she will run again now. Mine sits for years (indoors) and comes right to life again. $1500 is reasonable, but that is also what GL M35A2 running/driving trucks cost . . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks