• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this? What does it do? On the M936-A2

PowerstrokeNC

I have the cover plate (covering the hoses and winch valves) off, so I can see that it screws into the valve body itself...

also noticed that the 'torque' lever valve body has one as well, it is just on the inside and hidden under the protective plate. I will attach a pic but it is not very clear. You can see it in the shadows between the top 2 hoses.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The DATA PLATE discusses setting the torque range, it would appear that the hex nut adjusts the pressure relief valve in the valve body such that hydraulic pressure on the motor is not allowed to exceed a value that exceeds 25,000 lbs pull on the winch.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The DATA PLATE discusses setting the torque range, it would appear that the hex nut adjusts the pressure relief valve in the valve body such that hydraulic pressure on the motor is not allowed to exceed a value that exceeds 25,000 lbs pull on the winch.
I think it is for adjusting the PSI on the valve as well. But I do not know for sure.

PowerstrokeNC

Curiosity got the better of me so I fiddled with it this PM. The hex part is actually a cap, underneath is a jamb nut and adjustment screw.
I also happen to read the TM on crane maintenance earlier and it referred to checking hydraulic pressure at the valves in the gondola by installing a pressure gauge and then removing the acorn nut on the RHS of the lever control body. You then loosened jamb/screw combo to adjust pressure up or down.

So using the logic that control valves are somewhat similar in nature, I think the comments on relief pressure are most likely correct and this is the area where the drag winch is 'turned down'.

only thing is both the directional lever AND the torque lever have one, so could be one or both are adjusted down.

i might enquire at some local hydraulic shops to see if they have the equipment to test the pressure.

Does anyone know what the standard pressure was on 936 -a1's at the drag winch? I know for the crane it calls for 1350psi +- 25psi...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks