• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this worth??? WWII genset

rlwm211

I have found a WC4 7.5S genset with a willys overland engine. It is an Onan product. From what Ic an tell, it is WWII vintage.

It works well and apparently is all there.

How much is this Genset worth in fair but working condition?

I appreciate your help....

KsM715

If your looking to get the most out of it, try to market it where you'll get collectors that might want it for a display. Its not worth that much to someone that is just wanting a generator.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it has a Jeep WWII chain drive flathead engine, the engine is worth lots to the MB/GPW restoring crowd. Could be over $1K for a super low hour engine.

68t

It,s not easy give a price on something like this, but there is ww2 M.V. folks would like to own the gen, set, i would like to own it my self. i got a small ww2 pu-32 /c gen set, but its just for a display, the gen set are heavy , not easy to move too. :)

rlwm211

Pics are forthcoming, have patience and I will post them tomorrow. Unit is working well and is used occasionally for a camp for power. It is definitely 1943 from what I can tell. That would hopefully make it an MB engine.

Thanks so far I put up pics asap

rlwm211

pics of genset

Here is a collage of the pics I have at this point. The unit is 90 miles from my house so getting different pictures is not something I can just step outside and do....Let me know what this might be worth.

Attachments

Last edited:

Carter

That unit appears to be a PE 95-F which is powered by a Willys-Overland MB Mod. 441 engine governed to 1,200 RPM making 20.5 HP. The generator is a 5KW unit, 120/240, 60cyc AC with an 80% power factor. The overall weight of the set is 1545lbs. making it an extremely heavy set when compaired to a modern homeowner generator but they were built to last much longer than the big box sets. Most of it's value would be to a collector or a WWII reenactor unit or if parted out and not to folks who just want emergency power at home. Dollar values would be difficult to estimate but you could ask on the Smokstak forum and see what they think.

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets - SmokStak