• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?

Hi,

a friend of mine saw this vehicle and wondered what it was (thank god that there are camera-equipped mobiles...). I tought its a 5 to (airfilter in the left fender, and so on). The rear facing clear lights must be aftermarket-stuff, or has there been a model on which these were fitted? Any opinions?

Regards,
Mark

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
that pintle screams 5ton

8)
check out the last pic... you did a good job obscuring the truck's plate, but missed the reflection on your own hood

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say it looks like an M813/M813A1...no air cleaner on the passenger side fender and the exhaust stack looks like an M809 series truck.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody tell what tires those are? The tread looks a bit like superswampers. I need a set of those.

Steamynachos

Those are the firestone tires (military N) they are 11.00 R20's I have them on my 5ton all the Canadian 5t came with these on the canadians didnt like the ndt's so they got an aftermarket tire. Firestone stoped making them about 1994 so they are hard to find most you do find are dryrotted from sitting so long :(