• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?

Mach Style

Picked this up from a customers house a few days ago. Looks to be an air force trailer to move bombs or aircraft fuel tanks around. Has a hand break at the rear with two drums. Both were seized so I ended up removing the shoes for now. Anyone know what exactly this is and if it might be worth something if I don't choose to keep it?

Has markings "Prototype Development Cleveland 3854" Stamped on the tongue and TT21 painted on the side of the frame.

20151018_151610_zpsjpetayky.jpgede9dbc8-252e-4726-a241-08ef14d51074_zpsh9sativj.jpge82a5d31-8ba3-4fa8-9100-abc294f1846f_zpszzwuy5kb.jpg664f67db-f1be-4002-9755-59e9cb2c4e6c_zpspe0o4c5b.jpg9cf56feb-fe59-4ed2-a0ef-f78464fb3f9d_zpsjfreudzp.jpg

Last edited:

Mach Style

It looks very similar to an old Telephone Pole Hauler that my neighbor has except yours has much smaller tires. Your probably correct in that it was used to transport bombs to the runway.
I though about that but with the small tires and the large holders, I dont think it was for telephone poles. Could still be used as such

View attachment 589007

This is the closest type I could find.
yup thats what im thinking. Pulled by a tug to the aircraft and loaded up there.

if anyone can find a build name that would be awesome!

Bigjohn066

I know what it is. I can't remember the name of equipment but it's for a practice bomb holder. We used something similar for the F-16. It help 8 bomblets. It's was kind of flat with a little round kind of tube. Not round like a bomb or a fuel tank. The jammer could lift it straight off of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks