• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a power splitter for the radio rack. All the radios would plug into it to get the 24V for juice.. The 2 speakers are LS-671's and work on the SICGARS family of radios. They dont work with any other family of older radios (VRC-12 series, ect)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Military radio junkies would be interested in any of that stuff, if you list on eBay. I have seen the distribution boxes bring about $30 to $40 a piece. That rack is worth about $50 to $100 to the right person, and the speakers are $5 to $10 each, since they can't be used with anything we can legally own.

Michael

I guess two people beat me to the punch while I was looking for a pic of the inside I have which I did not find. I may need to list them on ebay. People at Little Rock MVPA weren't interested in them.

jp0863

i bought two m1008's from barstow a few weeks ago. now i just need to part them out so the wife will leave me alone. i ended up with 3 sets of top bows/spreaders for the canvas tops in one of the trucks, which was kinda unexpected.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: Don't cut up perfectly good OD iron. Ever. If the truck was a parts truck from the get-go, sure then cut it up. Looks like you have a solid work truck there, some dents and dings but a good truck for the farm or off-road.

We save trucks here. Nothing else matters. If the wifey is giving you hell, do what some of us have done. Divorce. Worked for me! :)

Elwenil

Ahem, but if you are going to part them out, what do you want for the antenna base and bracket off the driver's side of the camo one? :mrgreen:

jp0863

well the reason they are beiong parted out is the bodies on both are rusted through in some spots. the camo one runs great, but has rust throughout and wouldnt be worth repairing. the all green one is missing parts to make it run, but has a broken t-case and the body isn't much better. hard to tell from the pictures, but trust me, there would be more work than they are worth or would be worth when completed. i did find another one while i was in barstow that i will buy to restore. i still have my m1009 to play with either way.

elwenil.... make me an offer. both side's have brackets with antenna's