• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this

riggermedic

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
AC to DC converter. What does it belong to? What is it useable for? All of my searches turn up something aircraft related. Maybe one hellofa base station power supply? I'm dying if curiosity... It reportedly weighs over 50 pounds.

ageregunner

This is just a rack mounted variable DC power supply. It is so big and heavy because of it's 25 amp power rating. It was probably used in a repair facility or some type of testing unit, because of the variable voltage and current capabilities. I have similar supplies on the electronic workbenches at work and in my home shop.

Isaac-1

I agree nice big variable DC power supply, probably worth a couple of hundred dollars even with the old analog gauges, although it is really overkill for most uses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks