• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this?

ColtRice17

I wonder how many NAPA counter guys are on Steel Soldiers?
I don't know but I am only talking about the guys who work in woodward, OK.

I needed 1873 light bulbs he had and he just kept saying "well we could look them up if you don't find them anywhere else. I was like is he trying to run me off. And the other guys were too busy in their private conversation to care.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
I just bought one for my truck off line and you just need to check the pressure setting if it is not labeled and sealed with a lock wire. When I got mine it was screwed down all the way for a pressure setting that would have been too high. Just hook up air from a compressor with a regulator that you can set at 60-65 and adjust PPV to that setting. It is real easy. It is as said before to protect the brake system if an accessory gets a leak. You will know when it isn't working correctly when your truck pressure is building too high and the horn and wipers don't work. Hope this helps. Good luck:driver:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder how many NAPA counter guys are on Steel Soldiers?

I worked at NAPA for 7 years in store management and 2 years as a warehouse manager in a previous lifetime :)

The pressure protection valve is an adjustable pressure bendix pr2. Midland/haldex has them available reman 277147rx at your favorite hd store or NAPA

http://www.haldex.com/en/North-Amer...mpetitive-Remanufactured/Bendix-PR-2-/277147X

or they make their own version which works just as well in haldex line out of nylon/plastic:
http://www.haldex.com/en/North-Amer...dland-New/Pressure-Protection-Valve---Haldex/

ColtRice17

Thank you. I meant my statement in a way that didn't ibtend to offend anyone here. Unless you are the guy who currently works woodward store. Then by all means... haha I loosened the adjust knob on mine and tightened it back and it completly stopped leaking. didn't know I could do that.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok great. Being 90 psi instead of 60 how does that change things?
Only thing it would change is the accessory that the valve is feeding will quit working at 90 instead of 60. Personally, I'd rather have a 60 yo give more air range to the accessory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks