• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was just crawling around under my deuce and noticed something leaking on the lower line to the turbo. In the pic it's just to the right of the turbo and bolted to the engine. Can't tell what it is or find it in the TMs. Ok, its to freeking cold outside to look any more!
Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction? Only had this for 3 weeks and still getting to know him.
Thanks

Attachments

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah-ha! Looks like the crankcase breather. If correct is it normal to blow what seems like quite a bit of oil?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, some steam/smoke/oil is normal.

Edit: I thought you were talking about the draft tube that hangs down if it's still there, or just a tube (if hose is gone) that hangs below the turbo)

Last edited:

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That doesn't show what I'm referring to. It's on the side of the block and dripping on the turbo drain hose. But as long as it is the breather and misting is normal I shan't worry, just clean it up and monitor. Item number 9.

1605145209380.png

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the oil pressure regulator. If the engine has been shut down and given time to drain, you can pull it off without fear of drowning in oil (have a little pan handy just in case). I've made a gasket for one in the past, not too awful tough if one isn't available from a vendor. Try just snugging up the bolts first. Tightening bolts often miraculously "cures" things :)

Last edited:

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much. The TM led me to believe there were two breathers. I have tightened SO MANY things since I got him. Got several bolts around the winch that are rust frozen rattling loose.
Hummmm could this contribute to what seems to be a little lower than expected oil pressure?

Thanks for straightening me out.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda doubt the leak you describe would have much of an effect on pressure. Be advised, there are 2 versions of oil pressure regulators... referred to as "early" and "late" model. The housings are visibly different between models, and, IIRC, the spring caps vary in length from one model to the other. I took mine apart because it wasn't working properly to find it had been cobbled together with components from both versions. If you do take yours off (really not a big deal) hit the TMs and make sure your springs, caps, etc. match the respective housing. I believe I bought a complete new unit in the past from White Owl Parts for around $60.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks