• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is wrong with saying I'm parting out an M750 van box?

mangus580

Seems kind of spine-less if a site owner's attention was brought to this thread and they have failed to give input on it.

:-|
Also could be that maybe they are busy with more important things in their life, and cant drop everything to come comment on a thread??

Honestly, I dont feel much comment is warranted in this case? I dont really understand why this would be asked in public, without privately asking about it first. I respond to PM's regarding things like this, and I happily would have. Yes there may be many examples of people posting things like this, but the moderators cant find them all. I imagine a good deal of those you shared were posted prior to the rules being better enforced like we are trying to now.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Then again...let's bring back the thread title issue.

"What's wrong with saying..."

How can you search/detect that?
If I were a Mod or the owner and skimming the front page in the 15 minutes or whatever time I had to look at stuff...I would probably assume it wasn't bad language etc., cause the filters would catch it...so...I might not even bother to look.

I am a firm believer in policing ourselves...maybe the "on duty" mods...which seem to be Doghead, Maccus, and sometimes Clinto should talk and make a decision.

I don't mean to slight any other Mods as I honestly don't know who they all are...maybe that would be a good toolbar button?

I know this...calling someone spinless etc will not solve the issue Gimp...and you are my friend...i hope...let's all just take a chill pill and continue the mission and try not to step on any landmines.:deadhorse::beer:

Gimp

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes there may be many examples of people posting things like this, but the moderators cant find them all. I imagine a good deal of those you shared were posted prior to the rules being better enforced like we are trying to now.
Exactly! There are WAY too many things going on here for only a few people to keep tabs on. The ad deal is a fine line and can be interpreted differently by different people. I, for one, am not doing this to pizz people off or have a "power trip" , Just rying to keep this site a good place to hang out at.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So...WillWagner...I apologize...I did not realize you are a Mod....I guess i missed the obvious.
You have always made good sense to me and when I went back and looked i saw that you were appointed a few months ago.

I don't know whether to offer congratulations...or condolences...LOL:grd:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
For sale items, I can understand not clogging up the forums, but when someone needs something related to a project they are working on, I mean, isn't that what this site is supposed to be about?

Or not. . .

Last edited:

PsycoBob

Grey areas aside, I can understand the issued people have finding specific parts. Looking for NSN or model numbers doesn't help when the post is "Parting out", especially with odd phrasing of part nomenclature.

For example, on ebay my searches tend to look like this.

(m109, m109a1, m109a2, m109a3, m-109, m-109a1, m-109A2, m-109A3, m109, m109-a1, m109-a2, m109-a3, m-109, m-109-a1, m-109-A2, m-109-A3, 'shop van', 'military van', 'army van', 'deuce van', '2-1/2ton van', '2-1/2ton shop') -cd -manual -scale -book -album -decal -patch -hho -m151 -scrap

To be honest, half the problem with finding stuff is people not using a detailed title description- both in 'normal' threads, and classifieds. The other half is hacking the search engine properly. Recently, trying to find data on a 2a016 engine, I had to dig into every phrase related to it- gensets and equipment using 1a08 thru 4a084 engines, slang, etc. "Do a search" means "Spend half and hour just finding enough search terms, then several hours reading half a thread to figure out if you need to continue." I've had a single line answer my question- 3 pages back from where I found my search terms on that thread.

Compost happens.

On the original topic- Might not be a bad thing if people buying/selling stuff simply set the Classifieds as their home page. Log in, hit your browser's 'home' button, and there ya go.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll wager this thread will disappear or be locked very soon.
Dang, I should have be you. It's still here. :)

What's the offical rule about gambling in the forums?

Mods, Don't answer that. I'm sure I know the answer.

Last edited: