• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is yours?

jatonka

Bjorn, thanks for sending out that great picture of the soldiers with the deuce in the Iraq war, I had it a couple years ago and lost it. It is my favorite picture of all. John T

houdel

Cranetruck's pic was the first one to came to my mind, 67 years of service and the Deuce is still combat ready!

But can someone look just above the wrecker's left door mirror and tell me what that is up there? Is that the oft mentioned but never seen "A" frame that mounts on the Deuce front bumper on another vehicle behind the wrecker?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somebody pls, explain the bumper markings.
The "decimal point" in particular. Where was the picture taken?

My 1969 8x8 has "66T" on the left front bumper and I was told it was suposed to have "WD" in front of it for "War Department", was that advise incorrect? No evidence of "WD" has been found under the paint on my bumper, just the "66T".

About the "C" on the bridge plate, does that indicate a vehicle in tow on the crane, for a wrecker? Guess it does...

Is the bumper not up-side down for a winch equipped truck?

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
cranetruck said:
Is the bumper not up-side down for a winch equipped truck?
It is correct if the winch comes with the roller assy mounted in front to guide the cable underneath the bumper. Roller and cable end can be seen in the pic.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first saw that video, it boke my heart to see what they did to that poor truck. Now that Patrick froze a frame I see that it's an - A3 to which I say, no big loss.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks